Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
– Become familiar with the Contract Scope of Work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable.
– Recognize changes to scope and notify the Discipline Lead Designer.
– Interface with all disciplines to develop clash free designs.
– Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
– Liaise with other disci line su ort rou s to ensure clearl defined interfaces, deliverables and schedules are met.
– Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions), and forward copies to Discipline Lead Designer and Discipline Supervisor.
– Assist Discipline Lead Designer in preparing estimates for proposals and job scope changes.
– Review all project design documentation for detail technical interfaces.
– Research Customer standards and procedures in order to prepare project-specific design procedures and standards for submission to the Customer for approval.
– Set up the Discipline Master design drawing and document files.
– Prepare Discipline deliverables such as: – Detailed design drawings as-built drawings
– Review drawings issued by other disciplines and incorporate the required data into Discipline drawings.
– Review vendor drawings and documents and incorporate required vendor data into Discipline drawings and documents.
– Perform design verification through single discipline checks (SDC) and assist with inter-discipline checks (IDC), providing comments to Lead Designer.
– Prepare, issue and update material and weight data take-offs.
– Assist Fabrication as required in the resolution of construction difficulties relating to design problems, clashes, etc.
– Monitor progress and maintain the deliverables register on an ongoing basis.
– Ensure compliance with the Project Execution Plan and the timely completion and archiving of drawings and documents.
– Keep Lead Designer and/or Senior Designer apprised of all activities, progress and concerns.
– Participate in design reviews and audits.
– Capture lessons learned and enter into MDR’s Lessons Learned system.
– Capture Knowledge Objects and enter into MDR’s K.now system.
– Develop basic understanding of MDR’s business and customers it serves.
– Prepare Structural Design deliverables such as: – General Structural Design instructions
– Jacket & Topside Primary steel drawings
– Jacket & Topside Secondary steel drawings
– Pile / Conductor drawings
– Bridge structural drawings.
– Flare/vent boom structural drawings o Helideck structural drawings o Structural drawings for Buildings and other structures o Access platform drawings & Equipment support drawings O Material handling drawings and all appurtenance drawings.
– Seafastening drawings
– Installation/lift drawings