Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
– People:- Manage the procurement disciplines
– Assign people to projects
– Establish and maintain overall manpower planning and recruit new staff
– Appraisals and development plans
– Training of employees
– Coach and mentor the employees in the Procurement department.
– Processes:- Establish and monitor that the required Procurement approach and quality of work is maintained
– Assist the Director Procurement on establishing and setting the procurement policies and approach in respect to company procedures, practices and standards.
– Ensure uniform work process and proper handling of the Procurement deliverables.
– Ensure, coach and coordinate interfaces with other project execution departments.
– Develop, modify and change the Procurement work processes to maximum efficiency, resulting in shorter Procurement cycle-time, man-hour reductions and cost savings.
– Tools:- Ensure that systems and tools used in procurement process are maintained and developed.
– Develop and revise Procurement documents and project procurement plans
– Establish, maintain and revise Procurement procedures, practices, standards and tasks.
– Other tasks:- Prepare and/or approve procurement section of proposals and man-hour budgets.
– Prepare and give presentations to clients on procurement matters.- Main focal point on all Procurement matters for company employees in general, clients, sellers etc.
– Leads Procurement alignment actions with other MDR offices.
– Maintain contact with suppliers on management level.
– Assist in solving conflicts with and settle major claims from and to suppliers.
– Arrange training where required
– Safeguard the ethical norms and standards of the company.
– Approve assignments, travel requests, expense reports, holiday requests IT requests.